Manchester Metropolitan University are looking for an Archives Cataloguer to join their team, based in Manchester. This new role will help them open up more of our archives and make them discoverable and accessible to students, researchers and members of the public. In this role, you will:
- Assist in cataloguing a wide range of archive material, working with the Special Collections Archivist
- Sort, appraise, arrange and describe the archives using collections management software and according to ISAD
- Work as part of their interdisciplinary team to support the service we deliver as a museum to all our users and visitors
Do you have:
- Strong communication skills with a commitment to providing a high-quality service?
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects whilst delivering results on time and to a high standard?
- Knowledge of relevant digital technologies and data management agendas?
- Enthusiasm, dedication and a willingness to learn?
About the Special Collections
As the University Museum, the Special Collections are an accredited museum and an important research resource nationally and internationally. The Collections include fine and decorative arts, historic and modern books, Victorian greetings cards and ephemera, posters and artists’ papers. The archival holdings include the private papers of artists associated with the book arts, the practice and teaching of architecture in the Manchester region and the history of the Manchester School of Art. Access to the collections and exhibitions is free and open to all.
Contract Type: 6 months Fixed Term, 35 hours per week
Deadline for applications: Friday 22nd February 2019