Welcome to the Photographic Collections Network
This new organisation aims to bring together anyone connected with photo collections or archives in the UK. The aim is to build knowledge and enjoyment of all our photographic treasures. We are open to everyone with a connection to or love of photographic archives and collections – old, new, analogue, digital, shoebox or mountain vault. All are welcome.
New team announced
The new team who will be taking the PCN forward over the next 15 months was announced on 17 February 2017. They are:
- Paul Herrmann, Manager
- Johanna Mannerfelt Empson, Coordinator
- Helen Trompeteler, Researcher
- Steve Slack, Evaluator
Our full website is coming soon
We'll be announcing our first activities soon. These will include:
- A founders' and supporters' programme to allow the network to grow and continue.
- Mapping and research – beginning an overview of what archives and collections exist in the UK, building on the work of John Wall, Val Williams and others.
- Events – including supporting a symposium at Format, Derby on 8th April 2017, then more visits, discussions, talks and workshops.
- Knowledge – articles, guidelines and toolkits, with a website to hold all this and more.
We'd very much welcome your comments and suggestions for our activities. If there's anything you'd like to see us prioritise, use our contact form.
The current steering group is made up of people from Redeye, The RPS, the V&A, the National Science and Media Museum, plus independent specialists Pete James and Francis Hodgson. We plan to expand this group soon. We're based at Redeye in Manchester.
We are supported by Arts Council England.